What is Autopico.exe and How To Fix It?
“Hi Wally, My computer keeps giving me an error saying “autopico.exe is not a valid Win32 application”. Does my computer have a virus? How do I remove it from my computer?“ - Brenda G., USA
Before addressing any computer issue, I always recommend scanning and repairing any underlying problems affecting your PC health and performance:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (WinThruster for Win 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000 – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Setting up weekly (or daily) automatic scans will help prevent system problems and keep your PC running fast and trouble-free.
Wally’s Answer: AutoPico.exe comes from the AutoPico software. It can be found in the “Program Files” folder in the partition where Windows is installed. The AutoPico.exe error can occur for various reasons but the program itself is not a virus. Here we will look at some ways to get rid of these error messages.
The AutoPico.exe error can appear as follows:
- autopico.exe – Application Error. The instruction at “0xXXXXXXXX” referenced memory at “0xXXXXXXXX”. The memory could not be “read/written”. Click on OK to terminate the program.
- autopico.exe – Application Error. The application failed to initialize properly (0xXXXXXXXX). Click OK to terminate the application.
- autopico.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- End Program – autopico.exe. This program is not responding.
- autopico.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
- AutoPico has stopped working.
The cause of Autopico.exe errors may be as follows:
- Corrupt or deleted files.
- Corrupt Windows registry keys.
- A virus or malware imitating Autopico.exe
Here are some ways to stop these AutoPico.exe related error messages:
Uninstalling AutoPico should quickly solve the problem. Here’s how to do it in Windows 8 and 8.1
- Press Windows Key + X > click Programs and Features
- From the Programs and Features window, find AutoPico
- Right-click it and click Uninstall to remove it from the computer.
Remove Malware Threats Related To Autopico.exe
In case the error was caused by Malware, scan your computer using a good anti-malware solution like Malwarebytes to keep it safe and remove any malware that might be infecting it right now.
Use System Restore To Fix The Computer
Using system restore, you can bring your computer’s Windows installation back to the way it was before. Click here to learn more about how to use system restore.
Use the sfc / scannow Command To Fix System Files
- Press Windows Key + X > Click Command Prompt (Admin) > type sfc /scannow > Press Enter and wait for the scan to end.
Reinstall Windows Quickly Using The Windows 8 Reset And Refresh Features
Windows 8 has a new feature that enables you to reinstall Windows 8 quickly and solve most of your problems fast. This should only be done when nothing else seems to work anymore. Click here to learn more about Windows reset and refresh.
Is Your PC Healthy?
I always recommend to my readers to regularly use a trusted registry cleaner and optimizer such as WinThruster or CCleaner. Many problems that you encounter can be attributed to a corrupt and bloated registry.
Wally's Answer Rating
Summary: Every Windows Wally blog post is evaluated on these three criteria. The average of all three elements determines an "Overall Rating" for each blog post.