How To Fix The Driver_Corrupted_Sysptes Error
“Hi Wally, My computer keeps restarting randomly. It shows a blue screen and an error message flashes. It says Driver_Corrupted_Sysptes. How can I fix it?“ - Alexis H., New Zealand
Before addressing any computer issue, I always recommend scanning and repairing any underlying problems affecting your PC health and performance:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (WinThruster for Win 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000 – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Setting up weekly (or daily) automatic scans will help prevent system problems and keep your PC running fast and trouble-free.
Wally’s Answer: Blue screen errors can look a bit scary but when you know how to deal with them, they become a lot easier to fix. The Driver_Corrupted_Sysptes error causes computer crashes but it may also cause other problems. This makes it a bit difficult to pinpoint the problem. Don’t worry though. In this article, we will look at some ways to fix this problem.
The Driver_Corrupted_Sysptes error is also known as Stop Error 0x000000db. The error causes a blue screen and makes the computer crash.
This error is usually caused by issues in the computer’s device drivers. If the driver tries to access a memory location but its IRQL is really high, then this error occurs.
Here are some ways to fix the Driver_Corrupted_Sysptes error:
Use Windows Update To Fix The Driver_Corrupted_Sysptes Error
Microsoft regularly releases fixes to known bugs in Windows Update. Using Windows Update is really easy.
- Press the Windows Key > type windows update > click Windows Update to open it.
- Install new updates using Windows Update. This can take a lot of time, depending on the number of updates to install.
Identifying And Re-Installing The Faulty Driver
Its a safe bet to think that a recent change to the computer might have resulted in this problem.
- Try restarting the computer.
- Try reinstalling the driver software for a recently used new device.
- Reconnect the device to see if that helps solve the issue.
If you have no idea where the issue is coming from, then updating all drivers should do the trick.
Update Drivers To Fix The Driver_Corrupted_Sysptes Error
Since most blue screen errors result from problems in device drivers or the computer hardware, you can fix them by either updating the drivers or re-installing the problematic device driver. You can find updates for device drivers on your computer manufacturer’s website. You can also use DriverDoc to find and install the drivers for you.
Is Your PC Healthy?
I always recommend to my readers to regularly use a trusted registry cleaner and optimizer such as WinThruster or CCleaner. Many problems that you encounter can be attributed to a corrupt and bloated registry.
Wally's Answer Rating
Summary: Every Windows Wally blog post is evaluated on these three criteria. The average of all three elements determines an "Overall Rating" for each blog post.