How To Fix Msvcp71.dll Errors
“Hi Wally, How do I fix the Msvcp71.dll missing error.” - Peter B., United Kingdom
Before addressing any computer issue, I always recommend scanning and repairing any underlying problems affecting your PC health and performance:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (WinThruster for Win 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000 – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Setting up weekly (or daily) automatic scans will help prevent system problems and keep your PC running fast and trouble-free.
Wally’s Answer: There are several different ways that msvcp71.dll errors can show up on your computer. Here are some of the more common ways that you might see msvcp71.dll errors:
What does the Msvcp71.dll error look like?
- “Msvcp71.dll Not Found”
- “The file msvcp71.dll is missing.”
- “Cannot find [PATH]\msvcp71.dll”
- “Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvcp71.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”
- “This application failed to start because msvcp71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
When does the Msvcp71.dll error appear?
The Msvcp71.dll error messages appear when installing some programs, when windows starts, shuts down, restarts, or even when it is installing.
Causes of Msvcp71.dll error
A virus, registry problem, accidental deletion, corruption, a driver update issue, a windows update issue, or a hardware problem can cause this error to appear.
How To Fix Msvcp71.dll Errors
Note: Start Windows in Safe Mode to complete any of the following steps if you’re unable to access Windows normally due to the Msvcp71.dll error.
- Restore Msvcp71.dll from the Recycle Bin - The easiest possible cause of a “missing” Msvcp71.dll file is that you’ve mistakenly deleted it.
- Recover the file - A permanently deleted file can still be recovered by using a data restore utility. The recovery of your file depends on the amount of activity on the disk partition after the deletion of the file.
- Run a virus/malware scan - Install an anti-virus or anti-malware software, and scan your whole computer.
- Use System Restore - If you suspect that the Msvcp71.dll error was caused by a change made to an important file or configuration, a System Restore could solve the problem.
- Reinstall the program - Reinstall the application that is giving this error.
- Update the drivers – This will only work if it is a hardware issue.
- Rollback the driver - If updating a driver caused the problem.
- Run the sfc /scannow System File Checker command - Do this to replace a missing or corrupt copy of the Msvcp71.dll file. If this DLL file is provided by Microsoft, the System File Checker tool should restore it.
- Install Windows updates - Many service packs and other patches replace or update DLL files on your computer. The Msvcp71.dll file could be included in one of those updates.
- Repair Windows installation – Performing a startup repair or repair installation should restore all Windows DLL files to their working versions.
- Registry Cleaner - Scan your computer with a registry cleaner utility such as WinThruster to repair Msvcp71.dll related issues present in the registry.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows - A clean install means to erase all data on the hard drive before installing again Windows. If all else fails. This might still work. You should back-up your documents, bookmarks, videos, etc before doing this.
- Hardware Check - Run a diagnostic check of your hard drive and memory. You can run the built-in diagnostics utility of your computer by referring to the manual. You may also find a free diagnostic utility online. If a severe problem is discovered in the diagnostic test, replace the hard drive or memory as soon as possible.
Troubleshoot for a hardware problem if any Msvcp71.dll errors persist. After a clean install of Windows, your DLL problem can only be hardware related.
I Hope You Liked This Blog Article! If You Need Additional Support on This Issue Then Please Don’t Hesitate To Contact Me On Facebook.
Is Your PC Healthy?
I always recommend to my readers to regularly use a trusted registry cleaner and optimizer such as WinThruster or CCleaner. Many problems that you encounter can be attributed to a corrupt and bloated registry.
Wally’s Answer Rating
Summary: Every Windows Wally blog post is evaluated on these three criteria. The average of all three elements determines an "Overall Rating" for each blog post.