How To Fix Fxsext32.dll Errors
Reader Question: “Hi Wally, How do I fix the Fxsext32.dll error, it shows-up when I try to shutdown by computer, and sometimes it appears randomly.”- Krystal M., Australia
Before addressing any computer issue, I always recommend scanning and repairing any underlying problems affecting your PC health and performance:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (WinThruster for Win 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000 – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Setting up weekly (or daily) automatic scans will help prevent system problems and keep your PC running fast and trouble-free.
Wally’s Answer: fxsext32.dll errors show-up foe various reasons. Its difficult to pinpoint the culprit just from the fact that this error appeared on your computer. However, there are some common ways that these errors appear. Here are some of them.
What does the Fxsext32.dll error look like?
- “Fxsext32.dll Not Found”
- “The file fxsext32.dll is missing.”
- “Cannot find [PATH]\fxsext32.dll”
- “Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: fxsext32.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”
- “This application failed to start because fxsext32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
When does the Fxsext32.dll error appear?
The context of Fxsext32.dll errors is crucial to removing them. These error messages might appear while a program is being installed, when Windows is being installed, or when Windows is starting or shutting down.
Causes of Fxsext32.dll error
As in all dll errors, the file is missing because it has been moved, deleted, or corrupted. This problem may have also been caused by a registry problem, malware, virus infection, or a hardware failure.
How To Fix Fxsext32.dll Errors
Note: Start Windows in Safe Mode to complete any of the following steps if you’re unable to access Windows normally due to the Fxsext32.dll error.
- Restore Fxsext32.dll from the Recycle Bin - The easiest possible cause of a “missing” Fxsext32.dll file is that you’ve mistakenly deleted it.
- Recover the file - If you suspect that you’ve accidentally deleted Fxsext32.dll but you’ve already emptied the Recycle Bin, you may be able to recover Fxsext32.dll with a free file recovery program. Important: Recovering a deleted copy of Fxsext32.dll with a file recovery program is a smart idea only if you’re confident you’ve deleted the file yourself and that it was working properly before you did that.
- Run a virus/malware scan - Some Fxsext32.dll errors could be related to a virus or other malware infection on your computer that has damaged the DLL file. It’s even possible that the Fxsext32.dll error you’re seeing is related to a hostile program that’s masquerading as the file.
- Use System Restore - Use it to undo recent system changes. If you suspect that the Fxsext32.dll error was caused by a change made to an important file or configuration, a System Restore could solve the problem.
- Reinstall the program - Reinstall the application that is giving this error.
- Update the drivers - If it is a hardware issue. Note: The Fxsext32.dll file may or may not be related to video cards – this was just an example. The key here is to pay very close attention to the context of the error and troubleshoot accordingly.
- Roll back a driver - If updating a driver caused the problem.
- Run the sfc /scannow System File Checker command - Do this to replace a missing or corrupt copy of the Fxsext32.dll file. If this DLL file is provided my Microsoft, the System File Checker tool should restore it.
- Install Windows updates - Many service packs and other patches replace or update some of the hundreds of Microsoft distributed DLL files on your computer. The Fxsext32.dll file could be included in one of those updates.
- Test your memory - Use a diagnostic tool. Preferably hardware diagnostics tools that came with your BIOS. Refer to your computer;s manual. Test your hard drive as well. Your computer’s memory and hard drive are easy to test and are the most likely components that might cause Fxsext32.dll errors as they fail.
- If the hardware fails any of your tests - replace the memory or replace the hard drive as soon as possible.
- Repair Windows installation - If the individual Fxsext32.dll file troubleshooting advice above is unsuccessful, performing a startup repair or repair installation should restore all Windows DLL files to their working versions.
- Registry Cleaner - Scan your computer with a registry cleaner utility such as WinThruster to repair Fxsext32.dll related issues present in the registry.
- Perform a clean installation of Windows - A clean install means to erase all data on the hard drive before installing again Windows. If all else fails. This might still work. You should back-up your documents, bookmarks, videos etc before doing this.
- Troubleshoot for a hardware problem if any Fxsext32.dll errors persist. After a clean install of Windows, your DLL problem can only be hardware related.
Is Your PC Healthy?
I always recommend to my readers to regularly use a trusted registry cleaner and optimizer such as WinThruster or CCleaner. Many problems that you encounter can be attributed to a corrupt and bloated registry.
Wally’s Answer Rating
Summary: Every Windows Wally blog post is evaluated on these three criteria. The average of all three elements determines an "Overall Rating" for each blog post.