How To Fix Error 0x800704cf In Windows 10?
“Hi Wally, Since I’ve upgraded my computer to Windows 10, its been working fine I have some problems though, Teamspeak isn’t working since the upgrade, and I can’t get hotmail and outlook synced with each other. It gives me this error: 0x800704cf.” – Michelle T., USA
Before addressing any computer issue, I always recommend scanning and repairing any underlying problems affecting your PC health and performance:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (WinThruster for Win 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000 – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Setting up weekly (or daily) automatic scans will help prevent system problems and keep your PC running fast and trouble-free.
Wally’s Answer: Windows 10 has seen an amazing adoption rate. Microsoft’s statistics show that activations reached the 75 Million mark after a month of its public release. No software is perfect though, and Windows is different. Here we will look at how to fix Error 0x800704cf.
Can’t sync Hotmail and outlook in Windows 10 due to error 0x800704cf. People have seen this problem when trying to use their Hotmail client with Windows 10.
Here are some ways to fix the 0x800704cf error:
Use The SFC Scan
SFC is used to fix corrupt system files. Missing system files can also be replaced automatically through this command.
- Press the Windows Key > type cmd to search for the Command Prompt.
- Right-click Command Prompt > Click Run as administrator
- In the Command Prompt window, type sfc /scannow > Press Enter to run the command.
Use The Device Manager To Fix The Problem
This is a network driver related problem, so we need to solve it from the network driver. Here’s how you’d do it:
- Press the Windows Key + X > click Device Manager
- Expand the Network Adapter category
- Press Alt+V to open the View menu.
- Click Show hidden devices
- Right-click and Uninstall each device under the Network category one-by-one. Some of them won’t get Uninstalled, don’t try to uninstall them.
- After doing this, right-click the remaining devices in the Network category, and click Scan for hardware changes. Do this for all remaining devices.
This should uninstall corrupt drivers and install stable versions of them, ready for use.
I Hope You Liked This Blog Article! If You Need Additional Support on This Issue Then Please Don’t Hesitate To Contact Me On Facebook.
Is Your PC Healthy?
I always recommend to my readers to regularly use a trusted registry cleaner and optimizer such as WinThruster or CCleaner. Many problems that you encounter can be attributed to a corrupt and bloated registry.
Wally's Answer Rating
Summary: Every Windows Wally blog post is evaluated on these three criteria. The average of all three elements determines an "Overall Rating" for each blog post.