“Hi Wally, I am having problems with Yontoo and wondering how to fix it?” - Stephanie T., USA
Before addressing any computer issue, I always recommend scanning and repairing any underlying problems affecting your PC health and performance:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (WinThruster for Win 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000 – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Setting up weekly (or daily) automatic scans will help prevent system problems and keep your PC running fast and trouble-free.
Overview of Yontoo
Spyware and Adware, such as Yontoo, are types of software programs that secretly collect information regarding the user’s computer activities and sends it back to the one who made the said spyware or adware. Spyware and adware can alter a computer’s behavior once it enters its system.
Spyware and adware can be installed on a PC in various fashions. Often, it is found in various sources such as online gaming, file sharing programs, screensavers as well as downloading of software from suspicious and insecure websites. Sometimes it comes bundled with shareware programs.
A computer infected with spyware has the following symptoms:
- Installation of malicious toolbars
- Your browser is redirected to another page (browser hijacker)
- Your home page has been changed to an unknown, suspicious site
- Several pop-ups are automatically installed in the computer
- Creation of new desktop shortcuts
- Slow computer response and internet takes a long time to connect
- Antivirus programs frequently prompts that your computer system is infected with malware, spyware and Trojan Horses
- Search engines return unwanted results when doing a search
- Starting and resuming a program takes a long time to respond
- Your username and password are sent to the creators of the spyware by means of a keylogger
What Problems are Associated Yontoo and Spyware / Adware?
To prevent spyware and adware from doing damage to your computer and stealing private information, you must learn several preventive measures to keep spyware at bay. It is often hard to tell whether your computer is infected with adware, malware, spyware or keyloggers.
Therefore, it is crucial that your practice safe surfing, safe emailing, use spyware detection programs, securing your web browsers’ settings, blocking file sharing programs, blocking annoying pop-up ads and by thoroughly scanning the computer with a trusted antivirus program.
Perhaps, the best way to permanently get rid of pesky spyware and adware programs is by downloading and installing spyware removal tools, in addition to unstalling programs associated with adware.
There are lots of spyware removal tools in the market, both for free and paid subscriptions. However, it is recommended that you get the paid ones for best results.
Investing in a good spyware program is worth much more than the cost of the program, saving your tremendous time dealing with an infected computer and money buying a new PC. Disregarding the existence of spyware in your computer system does not only slow down your computer, but it can also steal private information such as bank and credit card numbers. Therefore, removing spyware is very crucial since it can do considerable damage if neglected.
I Hope You Liked This Blog Article! If You Need Additional Support on This Issue Then Please Don’t Hesitate To Contact Me On Facebook.
Is Your PC Healthy?
I always recommend to my readers to regularly use a trusted registry cleaner and optimizer such as WinThruster or CCleaner. Many problems that you encounter can be attributed to a corrupt and bloated registry.
Wally's Answer Rating
Summary: Every Windows Wally blog post is evaluated on these three criteria. The average of all three elements determines an "Overall Rating" for each blog post.