How To Fix The DRIVER INVALID STACK ACCESS Error
“Hi Wally, I’m working with MS Access and its showing me this error in the database ” driver invalid stack access “. Can you please help me with this problem?“- Vincent S., USA
Before addressing any computer issue, I always recommend scanning and repairing any underlying problems affecting your PC health and performance:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (WinThruster for Win 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP and 2000 – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2 : Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Step 3 : Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Setting up weekly (or daily) automatic scans will help prevent system problems and keep your PC running fast and trouble-free.
Wally’s Answer: This BSoD error happens when an attempt is made to access a memory location that does not exist. Bugs in a device driver can sometimes cause this problem to occur. There are various other reasons for this problem to occur. Here we will discuss some solutions to fix the ” driver invalid stack access ” error.
The driver invalid stack access error occurs and the computer restarts showing a blue screen error in some cases.
Some possible causes of the driver invalid stack access error include:
- The memory location being accessed is out of bounds.
- Windows system files are damaged.
- A program did not uninstall completely.
- The computer is recovering from a virus or malware attack.
Here are some ways to fix this problem:
Fixing The “ Driver Invalid Stack Access ” Error Through Safe Mode
- Start the computer in Safe Mode (click here for instructions)
- Use system restore to return the computer to a previous state.
Fixing The ” Driver Invalid Stack Access ” Error Through Windows Update
Windows releases fixes for common bugs through Windows update. Updates for Windows components and some device drivers are also included. Using Windows update is easy. Follow these steps:
- Press the Windows Key > type windows update > choose Windows Update
- Click Check for updates or Install Updates to start the process.
Fixing The ” Driver Invalid Stack Access ” Error By Updating Device Drivers
Updating device drivers can be really easy if you are using a driver update utility like DriverDoc. You can also get the job done by going to the manufacturer’s website and downloading the driver from there.
Look at the Device Manager to see if any driver has a yellow triangle next to it. If it does then that driver might be the culprit. Reinstall the device driver or disable it if the driver update didn’t fix the problem.
Use The SFC /Scannow Command
- Press Windows Key > type cmd
- Right-click Command Prompt or cmd and click Run as Administrator
- Type sfc /scannow in the command prompt window > press Enter
Is Your PC Healthy?
I always recommend to my readers to regularly use a trusted registry cleaner and optimizer such as WinThruster or CCleaner. Many problems that you encounter can be attributed to a corrupt and bloated registry.
Wally's Answer Rating
Summary: Every Windows Wally blog post is evaluated on these three criteria. The average of all three elements determines an "Overall Rating" for each blog post.